You Are Most Christ-like When _____________

Posted on

I’m going to try something that may be a total failure, but I’m okay with that. I want to try an interactive type blog post. In other words, I want to do very little writing and see if I can get some folks to comment for me. So, just go to the comments section and give me some answers. I’ve been thinking about a question today, and I wonder what people might say. I have my thoughts, but I’ve learned that thoughts about God are usually best sorted out among a community of believers. Therefore, I would like to submit a thought to my virtual community of believers. Fill the blank in the comments section for me. I want to know when you think a person looks the most like Christ.

You are most Christ-like when you _______________.

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “You Are Most Christ-like When _____________

Angela said:
    September 30, 2015 at 8:58 am

From my own personal experience…almost 10 years ago I witnessed someone getting cut down and blasted by another person. The response (and yes, there was one) was full of grace and love. I left that night saying, “I saw Jesus,” and I’ll never forget it.

Chris Simmons said:
    September 30, 2015 at 9:18 am

You are most Christ-like when you lovingly smile at somebody.

Nate McGraw said:
    September 30, 2015 at 9:34 am

… love God and love strangers.

Sara Shepard said:
    September 30, 2015 at 10:02 am

I think you are most Christ like when you forgive someone who does you wrong. When I was young my mom and I made a trip to Alabama. Her brother, my uncle, was my favorite and he one day touched me wrong. I knew it was wrong and I couldn’t understand why he did it. He tried a few more times and I just learned to stay away. I stayed with my cousins as much as possible so I wouldn’t have to be near him. I was then scared of all my uncles, As I grew up I had hard feelings toward this man almost hatred, It’s taken me a long time to forgive him and now that he’s gone I just pray that he asked for forgiveness . I think if Jesus could ask for forgiveness for all of those that harmed him that I am to be like him and forgive also.

ryanlassiter responded:
      October 1, 2015 at 7:39 am

Sara – thanks for sharing such a deeply personal story. What an amazing story of forgiveness. That is certainly a moment I look and say, “I see Jesus.”

Allyson said:
    September 30, 2015 at 10:14 am

Serve others

Erik said:
    September 30, 2015 at 10:16 am

I think we would both agree that the stories (narratives 😉 ) we could tell of Christ-likeness in all our experiences, “the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.” (John 21:25) Still, in my own practices of life in the fullest (rituals 😉 ), I’d have to say that to live as Christ we are loving God, loving people, and making disciples!! 🙂

Andy Crapps said:
    September 30, 2015 at 10:30 am

You show an abundance of grace to those who have hurt you and have apologized. I have a bad memory which helps, but Jesus did it knowing EVERYTHING. Even forgiving those who had no idea they were messing up. Kinda shows how our “most” like Christ is still miles away from “His” Christ like. Without even thinking, I added the stipulation of IF they apologize, in my first sentence! Lord help us to be more Christ-like!!

Karen said:
    September 30, 2015 at 11:22 am

I’m most Christ like when I let go of how I feel about a situation and do what is right:)

Cathy mobley said:
    September 30, 2015 at 11:42 am

you are broken.

Alita said:
    September 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm

My first thought was that you are most Christ-like when you respond with grace and forgiveness when mistreated or falsely accused. Then I realized this is a reactive response. My Savior was much more proactive. My challenge is to follow in His steps proactively. He came to serve and not be served.
    Very thought provoking question, Ryan!

ryanlassiter responded:
      October 1, 2015 at 7:40 am

This is deep. I like it. The proactive love of God is amazing, and it’s on display in the life of Christ.

Jo Tatum said:
    September 30, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I am most Christ like when I intentionally look for the good in a person or situation and I know it is not from me but the Holy Spirit guiding me.

Jerry Duncan said:
    September 30, 2015 at 2:28 pm

…when I stop thinking of my time and the things I own as “mine.”

hfwoodard said:
    September 30, 2015 at 2:30 pm

When you serve those who deserve it the least.

Ron said:
    September 30, 2015 at 3:20 pm

When I am serving those who cannot help themselves – especially children. Teaching them, encouraging them, and acting toward them as Jesus would when no one else will.

Rusty said:
    September 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm

When you treat those who have been marginalized by society with love, dignity, and respect

Wilma said:
    September 30, 2015 at 5:10 pm

When I am loving my neighbor.

ryanlassiter responded:
    October 1, 2015 at 7:42 am

Thank you all for the good feedback. I will come back to this from time to time to read your responses and reflect. One thing that stands out is how we are Christ-like when we are selfless. All of these things you mentioned carry that same trait. The ability to forgive, to love, to respond gently, etc. are all rooted in the ability to put others ahead of yourself.

To that end, I add my comment. I put the blog post up with the thought of “A person is most Christ-like when they are giving.” Follows a similar thread to what I see above. Thank you all for sharing.

Roy G said:
    October 3, 2015 at 7:55 pm

… When a leader is born out off their service and selfless acts. I’m always amazed at how backwards Christ’s words are from my own natural desires. Christ has a perspective that is eternal and works best for all mankind rather than the individual. What would it be like if we trusted that our brother and sisters had our best interests in mind all the time?